By 2030, FAS aims to develop an efficient UK airspace that has the capacity to meet changes in demand for UK airspace. It aims to do this while balancing the needs of all stakeholders, maintaining UK safety levels and reducing the environmental impacts of the aviation sector.
Modernisation of UK airspace will help to:
- cope with hotspots of congestion in the current system
- allow for continuous improvements in safety
- introduce new technology
- guide the aviation sector in its future investments and technological developments
- implement Single European Sky proposals for air traffic management
- sustain airspace access for non-commercial air transport users
- respond to Government policy and decision-making
- provide the opportunity to be flexible in the future.
Find out more about the key partners in the Future Airspace Strategy.